Wednesday 11 June 2014

Hello and welcome to my DLP Blog!

June 11/2014
Well now!
It has been almost half a year (can you believe January 13?!) since I wrote my first post about my new artful journey, the Documented Life Project now shortened to DLP.
I have finished with Effy Wild's BOD (Book of Days) and after a brief fling with No Excuses Art Journaling, I finally settled on doing DLP only. I even managed to keep up with it on holidays (a first for me). I have discovered that I am happiest when my hands are busy making, creating, doing, even to the point of typing away in my online diary on my Galaxy tablet while we are driving (as a passenger I hasten to add!). The diary keeping was made possible by a neat app called A Day In Life which works fairly well with Android. To add to my creative journey this year, I started doing small sketches as we went along during our holidays. (that boxy looking birdhouse is one of my efforts, lol)
To keep it all in one place, I have 'smunched' (technical term) together what works for me:
1> a 5x9 inch spiral bound day planner (with spiral binding removed)
2> 2 binder rings to hold my current months that I am working on with my version of the tip in page: an envelope washi taped to the bottom so it flips down - my archived months are held together with paperclip rubber band brilliant idea courtesy of Rhomany's Realm.(hello Rho!)
3> my homemade sketchbook
all craftily inserted into my BMWDori (a fauxdori made from a BMW leather owner's manual which has rubber elastics looped around the spine).
The Midori system is simple: you insert your book under the elastic and when filled remove it and insert another. You can add up to 5 books at one time using three elastics. Youtube has scads of helpful vids on 'how to'.(as they say in our neck o the woods: 'fill yer boots')





Check out the Midori Traveler's Notebook group on Facebook for more fantastic photos and hacks!
Should you feel that the 'boat may have sailed without ye' and you wanted to take part: never fear, just go onto the DLP facebook page and join. As you can see, I did not use the 'official' DLP Moleskine for my project but that doesn't matter one whit. Use what you have and come play!
Hope to see you on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment