Thursday 24 July 2014

Outdoor /Car Studio & Sketchbookery Week 3 and darnit Week 4!

Seriously? Really? You are Joking Right?  Is it over already?

Darnitall anyhow, just when I was getting the hang of this sketchin' thing and I even went out and found refills for my beloved Frixion pens!! phooey.
O well.
Here are my efforts (laughing out loud while viewing is encouraged and good for your digestion!)
First a glimpse of me attempting (with some success!) the 'chevron book stitch' - note the Samsung Galaxy tablet set up as I follow along with Mary Ann Moss' destruct err..instructions!

My outdoor studio under the patio umbrella: I share this space with Mr Bear who loves to bbq at this time of year.

Week 3
Experimenting with a correction pen and a quick sketch of a 'motor assisted cycle' charging in our local parking lot. While attempting to do just one more detail, Mr Bear was waving at me to hurry up and get back in the car!


Week 4
Neon tango Geraniums and Techno Blue Lobelia

Before and After (just in case you didn't know you were looking at that same sketch..lol)


Road trip  to Victoria for various medical appointments and sketching in the car (AS A PASSENGER! I hasten to add) with laptray (my other studio :)
What I saw while driving north in the light rain.
I have found that adding a smear of gesso to my amazon wrapping paper really helped calmed down the skipping of the frixion pen.








First stop: 
My TPI Acupuncturist has the neatest water cooler cover I have ever seen. 
I will have to ask if it was handmade next time I'm there.


We usually fill up on a good Chinese feed before heading home: the Ocean Garden is our favourite.
Another quick sketch before our food was brought to our table steaming hot.
 
We ordered won ton soup, egg drop green pea soup and shanghai rice noodles. 
Blessings of the Sketchery Muse to all who read this. 
Keep On A Sketching!

2 comments:

  1. Great sketches! Really like the cycle and the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyful! I hope you had a good giggle and that you have joined the other chimpsketchers on FB! hope to see you on there.

      Delete