Sunday 10 August 2014

August Break Day 10: Drink

I stumbled through the tumbledown ruins of unnamed temples until I came upon a group of Bedouins sitting in the shade of towering date trees.
With supreme grace, they invited me to sit with them.
They poured the finest mint tea I ever hope to drink.
Phil Cousineau: Egypt: Introduction xviii The Art of Pilgrimage.

 A Drink in front of 'the drink' though I have yet to figure out why the Sea which is totally undrinkable, would be called that. 
Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink. - Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner
At the moment we are experiencing very hot weather (for us) and are on Level 3 water restrictions, so a cold drink is not only wonderful but precious as well! There is an ancient Celtic Blessing which seems very apt right now: 'May you never thirst'.
Blessings of cold clear water to all who need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment