Monday 24 November 2014

Mandala Found, 5 Days of Mandala Magic and O GOOD GRIEF!

Dear Perusers:
Here at the Mandala Factory, I have been geomentally busy with trying to figure out how to square the circle. In the meantime, I completed a mandala that had been squirreled away in the back of my pages, so here it is:
While I was just finishing this one up (and patting myself on the back for doing so), Kathryn decided to let us 'mandala'ers' know that Julie Gibbons was holding a FREE 5 day workship called Mandala Magic. Ever at the ready to take advantage, I scuttled over like a crab at high tide to partake.

Mandala Magic Day 1 -  a 6 point Mandala which became 12 - (it was the Muse who told me to do that so don't look at me that way- she claims she was 'feeling seasonal'.).
Day 2: Lotus Chakra Mandala
Then the La Musa settled down and I was able to do a half decent Lotus Chakra Mandala with hardly any sharp pencil poking or interference from her.
Day 3: Collaged Mandala - Loki the Trickster decided he wanted in 'on the action'  I was joyously tearing up paper and finding all these neat words which resonated with my inner psyche and gleefully GLUeIng Them Down on to my Mandala base. For some strange reason, after I had done about half of them, they were not sticking! Not only that, the Photos and o so carefully ripped out Words were  disappearing and becoming mushy!
What the HECK? I looked at my glue stick which turned out to be a KIDS SUNSCREEN stick instead!













This troublemaker somehow mysteriously landed in my art supplies and was grabbed by me and well you now know the story. You can see by the photo how easily I could be confused..
Charlie Brown said it best:

I have tried to rescue my Day 3 Mandala by liberally coating it with matte medium in hopes that it will saturate what's left of my words and photos and STICK TO THE BASE! DARNITALLANYHOOO!

Here it is: poor thing..
Heaven only knows if Loki or La Musa will visit me when I attempt to do Day 4: the Hamsa Mandala! Wish me luck.
Blessings to all Mandala'ers out there who are going round in circles. <g>

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you recovered your collage mandala pretty well. What a riot. That sunscreen really does look like a glue stick. Your mandala will now have UV protection! Ha ha ha. All of your mandalas are beautiful. The seasonal beauty would make very fine holiday cards. It is so wonderful to share this journey with you my friend. Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete